Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Transponder Issues

Well, my commercial flight examination is yet to happen, because while going through the logbooks of the airplane(making sure everything is up to date), I noticed that an inspection that is to be done on a biannual basis, hasn't been done in over four years. That was the first delay to the check-ride. "Alright, no biggie", I thought. "We'll get this checked out and I'll be good to go." Well, that is until the transponder (the afforementioned piece of equipment) failed the inspection. Now I have to get a new transponder, and by new I mean refurbished, because everything in aviation is way to damn expensive. Ultimately, I found a transponder that fits for me that was pulled out of a crashed airplane in Alaska (hopefully the last crash that transponder sees), but until it gets here and is intalled, my airplane is grounded.

It is due to arrive Thursday or Friday, and to be installed on Saturday. Then, it's test time for me! Hopefully everything goes according to plan and I'll be a commercial pilot come next week.

-Michael

No comments: