Thursday, October 25, 2007

Detroit Rock City

Well, it's about as official as it can be, which is to say nothing is finalized, but a move to Detroit is finally happening. Graver and I have picked out a swank place just a few blocks from the heart of Royal Oak and should be moving in by the middle of next week. Hmmm, now that I type that, it scares me to reminisce about the last time I said something was going to be happening the following week (see below: any post about my check-ride, which is still yet to happen). Anyway, if anyone is looking for a sweet place to stay, we're looking for a third roommate.

The aforementioned check-ride is still yet to happen because the replacement transponder I purchased worked (or didn't work) worse than the one it was replacing. I've sent that one back and am awaiting the delivery of another one. Hopefully, one that works.

My trip to Key West got booked today. A trip at the beginning of December with the family. My sister was checking out some key west websites to see if anything was going on down there while we were there. She stumbled upon this: http://www.piratesinparadise.com/ Pirates in paradise! Are you kidding me?! I always thought tears of joy were only for the movies. Anyway, I seriously envision myself going on a three day bender and walking the streets of Key West all sauced up as a scene from the Pirates of the Caribbean when they're in Tortuga goes on around me. I figured, if I'm going to drink like a pirate, I ought to have a Pirate mug. I found this gem on eBay:


That's gonna be a silly good time.
-Michael

No comments: