Let me start by saying that this will be the last post devoted entirely to the topic of blogging. For those of you who have the distinct privilege of knowing me, it may come as a surprise that I've started a weblog. Here are a few reasons I decided to start one:
1. Documenting the times: It always seems to be a good time when you happen to stumble upon old papers from high school or college and read and relate to the thoughts, feelings, and emotions that you had long ago. I felt that it would be a good idea to, in some fashion, document the things I'm doing in my life, and how I feel about it. I felt that a blog would be a good medium to accomplish this because it would also allow me to.....
2. Keep friends and/or family updated: At times I find myself wondering about past friends, acquaintances, and connections I’ve made along the way in high school, college, grad school and beyond, and wondering if I’ll ever meet those people, or at the very least, find out whatever came of them. I felt that a blog would be a good way to keep people updated on what I’m doing as well as providing another medium in which to communicate. Also, I often find myself turned off by the police line of questioning from people about what I’m doing with my life. I have found it easier to open up and express myself when writing, or more literally, typing.
3. Fun: I have discovered that I find enjoyment in writing things that I know (or think) people are going to read. Most recently, and possibly exclusively, this came within message boards for online classes or fantasy sports leagues I play with close friends. I’ve spent way too long posting (what I find to be) witty smack talks and retorts that I think people will get a kick out of. Not only will this keep me entertained, I hope that anyone who happens to come across my weblog, either accidentally or purposefully, will find it interesting and somewhat entertaining.
4. Becoming involved: One of the things I kinda wish I would have done was to become more involved in college. Not so much during my years at Western, but during my time at U of M-Flint. At the time, I was bummed that I wasn’t at Western anymore and sort of had a negative attitude toward being back home and at U of M-Flint, and didn’t involve myself in anything. Realizing you don’t have to be in college to involve yourself in something, I ultimately decided to start into something new, and figured a blog might be a good stepping stone into something bigger (possibly….maybe…..who knows, it’s a start!).
So there you have it, a few of the main reasons I decided to start a weblog. Hopefully, here in the near future, I can start delving into the meat and potatoes and start writing about what’s going on in my world. Also, I’ll probably be changing the layout and theme of the blog often in the early stages. If anyone has any suggestions, comments, ideas or anything, let me know!
-Michael
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment