In an effort to try and keep people updated , I'll try my best to sum up what I've been doing the past several years.
As most people know, I went to Western Michigan University and entered their Aviation program with aspirations of becoming an airline pilot. Upon graduation in December of 2004 however, I wasn't confident in the outlook of pursuing a career in aviation. Thus, I decided to enter graduate school at U of M-Flint to get my masters in education as well as my teaching certificate. I spent a year and a half accomplishing this and in the fall of 2006 obtained a kindergarten teaching position in Grand Blanc. During my year in Grand Blanc, it became apparent to me that teaching wasn't my gig, and perhaps I had made a mistake.
Coincidentally, late this summer was time for me to take my bi-annual flight review to remain current with my pilot's certificate. Having been busy with grad school and then the start of a new career, I had flown only a handful of hours the past two years. Going back to the airport and the flight school (to get my flight review completed) it all started brought back some fond memories and allowed me to rediscover the passion for aviation I once had. After deliberating the entire summer on what I wanted to do, I ultimately chose to continue with my flight training and pursue a career in aviation.
That brings us to where I am today. I've pretty much been living at the airport the past few weeks, and in less than three weeks, am on the cusp of receiving my commercial pilot's certificate. I plan on taking my tests and check-ride sometime next week. With each passing day, I am becoming more and more sure of my decision to return to aviation. I'm having an absolute blast flying.
That pretty much sums up where I am now and where I've been. I've gone completely full circle and am back in the same building on the field of Bishop Airport I first walked into the summer I finished high school. Updates on my flying will follow with some pretty cool videos we've taken the past few weeks. Some of them are pretty insane.
-Michael
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment