Sunday, March 8, 2009

Florida, flying, and other happenings.

There's a reason why they call this the Sunshine State. The weather here has been crazy good, and has allowed me to fly much more than I would have ever been able to back home. So far, in the 5 months I've been here, I've turned my heat on twice and the a/c on twice.

I absolutely love my job and the people I work with. My students have all been great and fun to work with. Below are a few pictures of me with a couple of my first students. Both these guys are bound for the Nigerian Air Force.


Mamman and I

Bolaji, Me, and Mamman

A perk of living in Florida is being so close to so many MLB spring training sites. When my sister and her family came down on vacation, we caught a Tigers game in Lakeland. We couldnt have asked for a better day than we got sitting out in the outfield grass. Miguel Cabrera hit a HR that sailed over my head by no more than five feet. I had my glove ready and everything.



Me n Tess!

The only negative thing I can say about my job is that, at times, work has been pretty slow as I had an extremely low student load. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a glass half full kind of guy(well, you know now). So I decided to take advantage of some of the extra time I've had. You know how the saying goes...when life hands you lemons, I say you go to mardi gras (or something like that). Matt Cuttitta lives in the shadow of downtown New Orleans, literally. So I decided to make the drive to the Big Easy and met his brother Tony for the final and biggest weekend of the celebration. Matt's an engineer for Shell and scored tickets through his work to a party with a balcony over Bourbon Street. For those of you who don't realize the significance, that's like scoring box seats to the World Series.


Matt, Tony, and I.


Me on the balcony over Bourbon St.

Well, that's it for now. I'll be in town from April 10th-13th if anyone is interested in meeting up. I will be spending a majority of that time in Detroit as that is opening day weekend.
-Cush

No comments: