In other news, I ref'd my first varsity basketball game this past Friday night. It was truly a blast. I really fit in and don't think anyone noticed that I had never done the three man system before. I didnt hear a peep from either coach which, from what I've seen, seems to be rare at the varsity level. The atmosphere was great. I've had a few packed gyms before when I was doing JV games before a big varsity game, but I don't think I've ever had this many people in the gym at the start of a game. Friday night basketball with the pep band playing can sure get the adrenaline going.
The trip to Key West was a great time. The weather was impeccable and the drinks tasted even better. Unfortunately, there wern't many drunken pirate activities to speak of, though at times they could be seen drinking in the bars. It kind of lost its luster, though, when one of em started singing karaoke and sung "what a wonderful life". That's no joke, I couldn't make that up.
At least he didnt sing the Lord's Prayer.-Michael



No comments:
Post a Comment